The “Rehrstieg Galleria” shopping centre is situated right by the exit of Neuwiedenthal tram station (S-Bahn). The multi-tenant property, with a catchment area of around 30,000 people, has an important local services and supply function for the surrounding residential area.
70 per cent of Neuwiedenthal is situated in the Hamburg district of Hausbruch and the remaining 30 per cent in Neugraben-Fischbek. The border of these two districts partly goes through the centre of the verdant city.
After a fire in 2001, Wegner Immobilien was in charge of rebuilding the shopping centre. In the course of regeneration, Wegner Immobilien carried out continual modernisations. This included redoing the façade, entrance doors and lighting, the roofs, installing a customer toilet and improving the overall quality of facilities by adding seating for people to take a break. The parking situation was improved with new paving and allotment of parking spaces.
Neuwiedenthal / Hamburg-Harburg district
|Location + Address||Rehrstieg 18–30, Neuwiedenthal|
|Usage type||Shopping centre|
|Usage size||5,850 sq m|
|Property size||15,400 sq m|
|Project volume||Around 12 million euro|
|Build year||1964; rebuilt in 2001|
|Services||Project development; portfolio management|
|Anchor tenant||REWE, Budni, KIK, Hamburger Sparkasse|